Psychometric exactly means measurement of the mind (psycho = mind, metric = measurement).Psychometric tests are standardised tests calculated by psychologists to evaluate mental act. They help to recognize your latent and personality. Employers use psychometric tests as part of their recruitment process to help determine whether a candidate is suitable for a particular role.
Psychometric tests frequently consist of multiple-choice questions. They tests will either be paper-based or computer-based tests.The two main types of psychometric tests used in employment selection are:
• Aptitude/ability tests
• Personality questionnaires
Come again? is psychometric testing? A simple definition lies in the expression ‘psychometrics’ itself: psycho means to do with the mind, while metrics means to do with measurement. So, we are looking at ways to measure things relating to the mind.
Psychometric testing is normally used to notice how good someone is at a exacting skill, such as verbal or numerical reasoning. This is diverse to the related part of psychometric profiling which is used to “make a picture” of any an person or a side, such as identifying their ideals, character type or professional interests.
We have grouped these two types of psychometrics mutually on our ‘Psychometric testing’ page; you can tick the names of the tests or profiles to find out more about the background to apply them in .
Once we submit to ‘psychometric testing’ or ‘psychometric assessment’ it can mean using tests, profiles or a mixture of the two to form a deeper considerate, such as a candidate’s job correctness. Take for example a client services agent who will need to decide client complaints; they’ll need arithmetical logic skills, interpersonal skills, the aptitude to think fast and to work exactly.Well planned psychometric assessment would be able to judge an individual’s compatibility with these necessities by in view of all these areas, as well as ‘weighting’ them as right.
We provide a range of psychometric testing and profiling services (which include not only internationally branded tools like 16PF, MBTI, FIRO-B, Belbin etc but also miscellaneous industry and job specific tools) for the purpose as under:
• As a part of Hiring & Selection System
• To Assess Cultural Fit in Campus Recruitments
• To Support Training and Development System
• To Appraise Potential For Promotion and Transfer
• To Assess Individual’s Compatibility in Given Team
• To Assess Person-Organization (P-E) Fit and
• Person-Position (P-P) Fit
Benefits to the organization
• Controlled Rate of Employee Turnover
• Reduced Hiring Errors, More Precise Hiring Decisions
• Cost Effective Hiring
• Reduced Training Cost
• Greater Efficiency and Effectiveness in Promotion and Transfer Decisions
• Greater Team Productivity
• Improved Employee Morale
• Higher Degree of Employee Involvement
So, what are psychometric tests used for?
Psychometrics, and their use for testing, profiling and assessment,are a fact of life in many organisations these days.
• They are used for recruitment and the selection process, alongside other assessment methods to explore the match between the candidate and the role.
• For career guidance such and interests and values inventories
• For assessing suitability for promotion of assignment.
• To identify training and development needs.
• To provide information for use in coaching,such as helping an individual understand their strengths and development areas in order to facilitate personal learning and growth.
• For succession planning, to assess and develop future talent and leadership potential.
To know more about the Psychometric Testing and Psychometric Profiling Services
Nahrs Human resource